Origins Face Masks Review

Feb 21, 2017

This year started as a year of change, I vowed I would perfect my skincare thus making my skin better. For the most part my endeavour has been successful so far, I've been using the products almost everyday, except for a few nights when I was so exhausted I was delirious, no joke.

I have found active products that I like and I also found a few creams and washes that I like. I still want to find a few other creams and test them out, but even if I don't I am satisfied with my skincare at the moment. Before the new year began I already knew I wanted to make the change, so I started preparing. I love face masks and make them a staple in my routine, I try to put one on at least once a week if I have the time.
I would say my skin is pretty normal, it does not get excessively oily and it usually is not dry at all. I also don't break out that much, just around my chin when it is my time of the month. I also used to have closed comedones but they are gone now thanks to active ingredients I have been using. Since my skin is normal I decided to buy a variety of 'higher quality' masks and then make my decision on which to incorporate into my skincare. And I ended up falling in love with three!


I cannot make my mind up on which is my favourite, this one or Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask. The reason why I have such a hard time deciding is because they both do such different things. Out of Trouble mask is amazing for breakouts, it diminishes them and dries out whats left while also not drying the rest of the skin out. At least it does not dry mine out. Some ingredients in this mask are a bit concerning, like sulphur and camphor. Both can irritate your skin, but I haven't had any problems with them so hopefully nothing bad occurs. Camphor is also why this face mask has a vaporub smell, since it is in it.
It applies very smoothly and it does not dry down, or dry the skin out. It is white and very creamy in consistency. 


Now, I also love this mask. It is an overnight mask called Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask that does wonders for my skin. Although I must warn you, it contains many fragrances that may cause irritation and break you out. It does not do that to me, but it may do it for you so be cautious.
It also does have ingredients to moisturise your skin. The texture is similar to a lotion and it smells really nice. It is a light beige colour. I leave it on through the night and it does improve overall texture.


This one I also love, but not a much as I love the Out of Trouble mask. It does the same things as Out of Trouble but it dries out my skin more. It tightens it, it almost feels squeaky, but also helps with my break outs. My face responds really well to it!

I will buy these masks again, more so the first two than the last one since they are my absolute favourites. This masks are quite expensive, at 26$ each but in my opinion they are well worth the money. If I had to only get one I would get the Out of Trouble one, since it does the most for my skin without drying it out and I can even use it as a spot treatment. 
I bought them in a set, so they were cheaper and I got them at an airport so they were even more affordable. So maybe find a gift set and test more of them. 

Do you have any face mask recommendations? 
Have a nice day <3 




No comments:

Post a Comment