Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation

Feb 8, 2017



Good foundations can be expensive and there are only a few rare finds in the drugstore range. I have been testing this foundation for quite a long time to give you a through review. And I finally have gathered all of my opinions and decided to write them down.


The foundation is mattifying but also very light on your skin, I actually cannot feel it on my skin when I wear it. It gives great coverage and is at the same time very blendable.
It comes in a sturdy packaging which looks very luxurious to me. The foundation has a dropper which is really nice because you can control how much you use and even when you are almost out you can still get it out easier than with most foundations.
This foundation is supposed to be a dupe for L'Oreal Eau de Teint meaning it is very thin and liquidy, which might be also why you can blend it so easily.
It does dry fast so be aware of that and blend it out really fast and work in sections. It works the best with a BeautyBlender or applied just with your fingers and I found it terrible with a brush. Layering it is fine and does not make it look too cakey. I find it that all foundations can look a bit cakey on me, it might be because I have some texture to my skin, from old scars. This one does emphasise my flaws a bit more than my other favourite foundations (UD Naked Skin& NARS Sheer Glow). The reason for that might be the matte finish or maybe the watery formula is not for me, since I prefer creamy formulas.

Now my problem with this foundation is that they only offer 4 shades, which is ridiculous to me. They offer only light shades with one that could kinda be medium. And even their light shades are not that light. The lightest shade pulls quite dark on me, but since it is so blendable I can make it work. It is also ok because it is quite neutral so it does not pull too orange on me or to yellowy. I will insert swatches comparing it to my other foundations so you will see how it looks, but I will do that today since it is already dark today. And I will also post a picture of me wearing it, but beware my hair is kinda green tinted because I messed up hah. Sorry :(

Overall I like this foundation but it is nothing to write home about, I might repurchase it when I run out, but that is just because of the price. I did just recently buy a few asian BB creams that were about 5$ each so hopefully those preform better.

Since there was so much hype around this foundation it was really hard to find it for a while but I was lucky and got it in Muller. You should be able to get it now since the hype has calmed down. It is also very affordable, 7.29€.

This post was a bit shorter than my other posts, but there was nothing more to say hah :) And I was in a mood today so I did not want to harp on.
Have a nice day xx

(sorry for the lack of pictures again, I will add them tomorrow but I still wanted to get this up today)


No comments:

Post a Comment