The Ordinary Skincare Haul

Feb 6, 2017


Part of my new years resolutions was taking better care of my skin, but skincare can be expensive. After looking online and researching I decided to buy some of Deciem products, their The Ordinary line to be precise. I mostly based my decision on the price, but I also found their skincare line intriguing. They don't use many ingredients in their products, which might be the reason for the low prices. They also have a nice selection of items, but if you cannot find something you need in their The Ordinary line, they offer a lot more products throughout their many other lines.
The owner, Brandon Truaxe, was apparently sick of companies charging huge amounts of money to consumers for what was not some revolutionary product, but rather just a normal product with a huge price slapped on it. Basically, what they are all about is affordable skincare that is actually good and effective.

Honestly though, I think I am in love with this company. I no longer need to spend a lot of money to have great skin and neither do you. I personally bought their stuff on Asos because everything was available but I hear amazing things about Deciem service as well. I received my package in a matter of days, and started testing right away.

First I tried the Lactic Acid 10% +HA 2% (link here). I am a big believer in patch testing skincare, thus my haul cannot be a review yet, but it will turn into that when I sufficiently test every single product and see if it had any effect. I also want to see how they all work with each other. Since I have been using the lactic acid for about 3 weeks now, I can already say a bit about it.

I've used lactic acid before, it is a form of AHA that works the best for me. The one I used before was also 10% so I felt it was safe to buy the higher percentage acid rather than buying the 5% one. I would however advise you to buy the latter if you are only starting out with acids. This product is working out nicely for me, but it is still too soon to tell if it has any visible effects. It did soften my skin though, since it was beginning to feel rough after not using any exfoliants on my skin for a while.
 It also did not cause any problems for me, it did not break me out or give me a rash, maybe just a bit drier skin but that is due to using it in combination with Vitamin C Suspension. I use it at night after I wash my face and before Vitamin C Suspension.

The Lactic Acid 10% +HA 2% costs 6.79€ on their website.



The Vitamin C Suspension 23% +HA Spheres 2% (link here) is another amazing product I have been testing out. At first I started using it on one side of my cheek, and the lactic acid on the other just so I could see how they act apart and then test them together after I have decided that they pose no harm to my skin.
I have always wanted to buy a vitamin C serum but they are super expensive, so this was one of the first things added in my cart. Vitamin C is great for pigmentation, anti-ageing and sun damage. I have all of those skin concerns, so you must see why I wanted to use it so much.
This one is quite strong, they even warn you on the site and tell you there might be quite a bit of irritation. And oh my god it really does sting, for only a few minutes though. It is gritty but that is normal since it is not water based and it subsequently absorbs slower. Because of that I use it at night, so that it has time to properly absorb.
It is quite drying but I am told my skin will get used to it and it will not cause dryness so much anymore. At the moment I see no big differences for my skin, but skincare does not just work overnight.

It costs 5.80€.



In combination with the two above I also use Hyaluronic Acid 2% +B5 (link here)  everyday now, day and night. It amazing at retaining moisture and helping prevent extensive dryness due to the other two products I have thoroughly tested.
I love this product because it makes my skin feel amazing. It plumps it and makes it extremely moisturised, which is exactly the look I am going for. I want luminous skin and as flawless as I can make it and the recent things I have been using are really helping with that. I promise I will do a more in depth post about each of these items and explain in detail how they work once I have something to actually tell.
I use it AM and PM after I have applied all of my other serums and before I apply a cream.
It costs 6.8 €.



The other two items I also bought are Alpha Arbutin 2% +HA (link here) and Niacinamide 10% +Zinc 1% (link here).
I haven't really tested them yet, only Niacinamide a few times but it might be breaking me out. I only broke out on the side of my face that I have used it so it makes me inclined to think that this is the cause. The breakout is nothing that really worries me and honestly I only got a few pimples but they showed up very fast and they spooked me hah.  I will test it again once my skin has calmed down.
I only used it in the morning as it is not supposed to be mixed with acids and I used it after Hyaluronic acid.
It costs 5.90€



Alpha Arbutin has not yet touched my face so I cannot say much about it. But I will be using it after HA and before Niacinamide (if and when I decide to restart it again). I will wait a while before trying this product as my skin needs to calm down.
It costs 8.90€ on their website.


I also want to encourage you to use sunscreen with all of these products. I would use it either way, but especially when using products like these.
They cause photosensitivity and you will do more damage in the long term if you don't use sunscreen to protect you skin. 


Hope you guys enjoyed this small and lengthy haul/quick review. Have you tried any of their skincare and what are some of your HG products?
<3





No comments:

Post a Comment