L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Last Lip Color | Review

Jun 17, 2016

Hello again,

I think it is about time I stop being surprised with my recent posting habits and just get used to my blogging productivity. And although my productivity in other departments may lack, I am quite proud of myself. 
Wearing red lipstick is one my favourite things to wear, along with a simple cat eye and I have been looking for the perfect and long lasting lipstick. And I have found it. 

This is how they describe this line of lipsticks on the L'Oreal website: 

''This is the long-lasting, transfer-resistant color you’ve been searching for. The high-intensity color glides on with a moisturising feel that lasts up to 24 hours.

The result: bold lips without the dry-out and no need to re-apply.''
And they are right, it is long lasting and smudge resistant. 

My review

Texture
At first I was really disappointed with the texture and how it looked on my lips, because it was crumbling of my lips and it was too sticky. But that was because, I as per usual have not read how I should use it. I applied copious amounts, instead of applying one layer and then applying the balm side of the lipstick. And after I did that I was so surprised. I am in love. It is soft and it does not smudge at all, which is great since my boyfriend hates it when I transfer lipstick on him, which I have to say I actually love doing hah. 
The one thing I hate is, that it is kinda hard to apply but I have no idea why since I usually manage better with liquid lipstick over normal lipsticks. And while I complain about how it applies I must mention I love the wand. It does not soak up too much product and it applies a really thin layer. And while I love how long the lipstick lasts, I also hate it at the same time. Two days ago I had a really smokey eye on and I tried to pair it with this glossy red lipstick and it was awful. After deciding to take it off, I spent ten minutes trying to take it off with coconut oil, but my lips were really soft after it so I guess thats ok. The finish is not matte, it is quite shiny or glossy which is not to my preference but I do like it with this color since it gives a really Marilyn Monroe vibe.

Colour and shade range
I got the colour 506 called Red Infallible, because it seemed like a classic red colour which it is. I do not know how many shades are offered here, but as I saw on the L'Oreal website (link here), they have a lot of shades. I am going shopping today so I might buy more, I am interested in 201 Everlasting Caramel, 205 Henna to Heaven, 121 Lasting Ginger and 123 Always Almond, so basically all nudes. I am really liking that drugstore brands are releasing liquid lipsticks at the moment. 


Price and availability
As far as I know, the lipstick is pretty easy to obtain. I bought it here in Slovenia, where we usually get nothing so I am sure you can get it pretty much anywhere. It costs around 13 euros here and I think thats a pretty rational price for the quality. 


On to the swatches
I swatches the color side as well as the balm side, you can kinda see both :) 

Before it is dry
After it dries
As you can probably tell I cannot rave about this more so I really recommend you guys check it out. 
I will see you with a new post on Sunday. 
Thank you for reading and visiting my blog. Comment bellow with any questions you may have and with recommendations. 








No comments:

Post a Comment