Benefit Roller Lash vs They're Real | Review

Jun 23, 2016

Hello,

I am going to review my favourite two mascaras and make a comparison. 


Mascara is something I never wanted to spend a lot of money on, I much prefer putting my money in foundations, eyeshadows, lipsticks and skincare since I think drugstore mascaras are amazing. My first time using an expensive mascara was when I got a two pack of YSL mascara and it was ok but nothing special so I had no interest in investing more money than I needed to.

Then a few years ago, when I was in New York, my friend let me try her They're Real mascara by Benefit (I know I know, how disgusting we used the same mascara) and I liked it but I was not blown away by it. I forgot about the mascara until I got a sample of the Roller Lash in Belgrade. And I was truly impressed. In fact so impressed that I recently got it in full size. And then stupidly I got They're Real too because I wanted to test it out again since it seems to be such a hit.

As you can probably tell, I am in love with the Roller Lash mascara and They're Real is not my favourite.

THE WANDRoller Lash: This wand is supposed to replace your eyelash curlers, or at least give you a similar effect. It has a 30 degree curve and it curls your eyelashes while you are at it. The brush wand has little tiny hooks on the bristles which were designed to grip the hairs to really coat them and curl them. I rarely use a curler (because I seem to always hurt my eye with them) so it is hard for me to compare it to that, but I do feel that it does open up my eyes and lifts them so I can understand where the comparison comes from. 
They're Real: This wand is meant to be for volume so the wand is quite big, which is fine for me and the bristles are really defined so they really cover entire lashes. They are made from inflexible plastic and are spaced quite far apart. 
They're Real

Roller Lash

THE PACKAGINGRoller Lash: I am in love with this packaging, it is so cute. It is something different from all of the other mascaras. It looks like a hair curler and it really fits in with the whole thing they are going for. 
They're Real: It is nothing special honestly, and a bit too big for my taste.


THE FORMULA:
Roller Lash: I prefer this formula over They're Real formula, because it does not clump up m lashes and it does not transfer to my lids. It is supposed to be nourishing since it has serin and provitamin B5 in it. 
They're Real: I don't think I like this one, it is a glossy formula that clumps up my lashes and I feel like it gives me no volume at all.


I think it is pretty obvious which one I like better, but I might be unfair here since I care more about length than about the volume. I also have more problems with taking of They're Real mascara than with the Roller Lash, which is surprising because it transfers like crazy for me. They both cost the same so it just boils down to what you prefer, volume and clumps or length. For me it's length, so I will be buying Roller Lash from now on. 

So there you have it, now you guys tell me if you tried either of these mascaras out and your opinion. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment