MORPHE 35F Fall Into Frost Honest Review

Jan 31, 2017


Morphe has been one of the most popular brands in the past few years. It seems like they are sold out most of the time, which might be the craze or they don't have a huge stock to create an artificial craze. I know many people love Morphe, especially everyone in the blogging and vlogging sphere, so I decided to put that love to a test.

I chose the 35F Fall Into Frost palette, because it has warm shadows and we all know how much I love my warm shades. It does not come off in the picture and they look a bit cooler but they are in fact really warm. There are 35 shades without any names, the packaging is quite cheap and flimsy and the quality overall is not quite there. It comes in a cardboard packaging and is very plain, which is nice and they would stack well. I prefer this kind of packaging just because of that, I just wish it was a bit more sturdy. It is also hard to open which is weird since it is so flimsy.

In all honesty, I am used to better quality palettes, and this one does not compare to them at all. I was curious as to how it performed and if bloggers are being truthful and I am disappointed to day that this palette is not as amazing as everybody says. It is not even good for that matter.
The matte shadows are ok, not really pigmented and they are nothing special shade wise, I feel like I already own all of them but in nicer formulations. I mainly bought the palette for the shimmer shades since I knew that they perform better than the mattes. They also look amazing in all of the swatches. But even they were disappointing! Sure, they swatch great, very pigmented and creamy but when applied to the eye, all of that amazingness disappears. They apply ok, but the shimmer disappears and it can also look a bit cakey and textured. I have been playing with it, trying to create an affordable valentines day look for you guys, but I have been also failing. I will try some more, I mean it is not as terrible as I make it out to be. But mainly I have been using the shadows as an eyeliner. I just mix them with my Duraline by Inglot and they look great. They will also be amazing for MUA work, especially for the ones just starting out, like me. I think I just need to learn how to work with it properly and take it for what it is, an ok palette for an affordable price.

I payed 23.50 pounds so that comes to about 0.67 per eyeshadow. You do get a lot for the price which is nice, but I am honestly not sure if it is worth it.

I feel like I should also mention that there has been some controversy around Morphe and private-labeling. I have seen some pretty good evidence proving that they do private-label, meaning they buy their stuff in bulk from a big factory in China and then just stamp their name on the products. While private-labeling is not illegal it is shady when they avoid the question and even go to great lengths to cove it up. Most new brands start out with at least a few of their items produced like this, and it is nothing bad but they are adamant in covering it up. They did that before and they still do it, Jaclyn Hill was just saying how they don't do that.


The first row offers a wide variety of light highlighting shades, ones I could use on the face too. But they might be a bit too textured on the skin. The second and the third rows mainly have smokey shades, the second one more cooler shades and the third has really warm shades. The 4th one is just a mix of warms and kinda cool tones, with a lovely gold shade. I wore it as an eyeliner today, and it worked really well for that. I tried it on the whole eye and it was ok, nothing special. Then the last one obviously has only mattes. As I have said before they are ok, but nothing special.  



Overall, as you can probably gather I am not too impressed by this palette. And I will not be buying any other ones anytime soon. I would not recommend you to purchase it, you can get much better things for understandably more money, but all of the ones I have tried have been worth the money.
What do you think? Will you be purchasing this palette? Have you tried any before?



4 comments:

  1. Škoda, da te je razočarala. Jaz imam ogledamo 35O že nekaj časa, ker jo tok hvalijo ampak zdej nism več prepričana. Mogoče raj mal našparam pa dam mal več denarja za kakšno res kvalitetno paletko. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz ti nakupa res nebi priporočala. Jaz sem s poštnino plačala 35 evrov, kar ni malo, sploh za tako kvaliteto. Ti veliko bolj priporočam da daš več denarja ker je razlika velika.
      Mi je pa res žal da me je, ker jo tako hvalijo.

      Delete
  2. Would you say that Makeup Revolution eyeshadows palette have better quality?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the shimmers are better and the mattes are comparable :)

      Delete