Creamy Lemon Pie

Jan 29, 2017




It's Sunday and I had a busy day. Well a busy day for a Sunday. It is my brothers birthday tomorrow, so we went out to eat and then bowling with my family. I also made a lemon pie in the morning, as a special treat.
I love cooking and baking, even though I cannot eat most of it and I want to incorporate this side of my life on my blog too. I will also do more vegan recipes and recipes that are my diet friendly so basically almost vegan.
This pie is one of my favourites, perfect for any time of the year. It is very creamy but also super light and full of amazing bursts of flavour. It does not fill you up after one piece, meaning you will easily grab the second piece you will most definitely want after tasting this pie.
The first thing I do is preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius and let it warm up while I prepare the pie for baking.

For the crust you will need:

  • 250 grams of ghee, I made it myself but you can also use normal butter or buy ghee
  • 300 grams of regular flour 
  • 100 grams of sugar 
  •  a pinch of salt

First you put the salt and flour into a bowl and make a hole in the middle to put butter and sugar in it, then you just knead it all together. I actually used a Kitchen Aid mixer with the dough hook so it was super easy. I made it into a ball and wrapped it up, then left it in the fridge to leave it rest.

The crust is just a normal pie dough that I have been making for most of my life, even though I usually see a cracker crust recommended in pie recipe. Honestly, everybody in my family loves it so much, they will even steal it when I knead it and before I fill it with cream.
I prefer using ghee because it tastes better and it is supposed to be healthier plus it is very easy to make at home.
The filling is also very easy to make, it does not contain a lot of ingredients and it is basically just everything mixed together.

For the filling you will need:

  • 125 millilitres of sweetened condensed milk
  • 120 millilitres of lemon juice 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon of lemon zest 
  • vanilla extract 




Again it is super easy, I mixed the condensed milk and eggs until they were creamy and then added the rest of the ingredients. I always just eyeball the vanilla extract, because I feel like there can never be too much vanilla hah. 





When the dough has rested for at least one hour, I take it out and press it down evenly in my pan. It should look something like the picture bellow.


I like my crust to be a bit thicker since we all love it so much so I use more but you can use as much as you see fit. I then just pour in the filling into the crust and pop it into the over for about 15-20 minutes depending on how I want it. This time I left it in for a bit longer just because I wanted to see how it turns out and it was perfect. 


Hope you guys enjoyed this post, I will be doing more of them if you want that. Have a nice night/day. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment