ZOEVA Naturally Yours Palette | Makeup Review

Jan 31, 2016


For the past few months I have been really into eye makeup looks and perfecting my blending skills, so I really wanted to expand my collection. And since I have heard so many good things about the Zoeva products I decided to choose a palette from their site.
Since I am still a newbie I opted for the neutral palette called Naturally Yours. The palette costs 17.50 euros which is a great price for 10 eyeshadow pans, and the shipping to Slovenia was 7.50 euros which is quite a lot but I am prepared to pay that much for an excellent shipping service.

Also if you guys have ever ordered stuff from them let me know which items you guys recommend so I can add them to my wishlist. I already have two more items I want from them hah.
My experiences with palettes are very limited since I have only owned a few of them that were not really a great quality but they were a great start for a makeup lover. I just recently bought my very first MAC palette and I am working on filling it out with custom shades.
I will start off with saying that I absolutely loved how fast I got my package, seeing as I am not really used to that because I have terrible luck with getting them. For example I have been waiting for my Morphe Brushes since the start of December and I once waited four months for a box to arrive from Oxford. I got my order in a few days, I think four which to me seems amazing. The box was also nicely packaged so nothing got damaged.

The packaging of the product itself is really lovely and compact but it is made out of heavy duty cardboard, so I am not sure how long would it take for it to look torn and dirty. I already have some dents in the corners of the palette even though I have been really careful with it.
I think maybe with time I will depot it and add the colours I use the most to my MAC custom palette.


As you can obviously see in the picture above the palette has a nice selection of neutral eyeshadow colours, that to me have a very romantic feel, maybe because of the love related names or maybe just because of the soft but also sexy shades. There are 10 shades all together, five mattes and five shimmers. 


Shades: 
First Love: Matte Ivory White
Pure: Matte Light Beige
Soft & Sexy: Matte Light Brown 
Slow Dance: Matte Dark Brown
Timeless Chic: Matte Carbon/Charcoal 

Casual Elegance: Shimmery Yellow Champagne 
Smooth Harmony: Shimmery Golden Champagne
Sweet Sound: Shimmery Warm Brown
Forever Yours: Shimmery Brown with reddish purple tones
Lovely Monday: Shimmery Dark Brown

My favourite two eyeshadows are First Love and Forever Yours, two completely different shades but I just cannot decide between the two. 
First Love is a matte ivory white colour that I use to make my lids seem bigger while I use a ashy brown shade to change the position of my crease. The shade is perfect for that and it is really nicely pigmented. It is a great all over the lid colour and it works amazing with my really pale skin. It also works great with my extremely wrinkly eyelids, it makes them look smoother. 



Forever Yours is a shimmery shade and while I prefer matte shades this one is amazing. I have no idea to what I would compare it to but when swatched it looks really reddish with a hint of violet and orange but in the pan it looks like a brown with some purple in it. But it can be built up to a more of a darker shade and I also like to mix it with my MAC Fig.1 shade to make it more purple. It is also really buttery and it blends really nicely. 

Pure is a matte light beige kinda similar to Blanc Type by MAC eyeshadow, but while the Blanc Type is a bit more pinker and Pure is a bit more of a skin colour. It is a perfect all over the lid shade if you just want something simple and understated, and while First Love is also a shade for all over the lid Pure is a colour that for my skin colour will just even everything out.  I love the shade but the texture is a bit harder and less buttery than the others. 

Soft & Sexy is again a matte, and seems a bit plain in the pot but then it looks really great alone. It is nicely pigmented and very smooth, but it is not really my colour so I cannot say much about it.

Casual Elegance is a shimmery light gold kinda champagney colour which would be perfect for a highlight in the inner corner of the eyes and as a highlight for the middle of the lids but the eyeshadow is a bit too crumbly for my liking and it has a lot of fallout. Although if I use it with my fingers and if I am really careful it looks great. I really would not recommend using it with a brush and I advise caution when applying. It does blend really nicely though so that is a big plus.

Smooth Harmony is also a shimmery shadow, a brownish champagne colour with maybe a hint of silver. The shade is buttery and amazing and the pigmentation is great too but not as great as in most of the other shades. It is a nice transition colour since it does not get too dark. 

Sweet Sound is a pure bronze shimmery colour that is perfect for brown eyes. This eyeshadow is extremely buttery and pigmented and it only needs one dip into the pan for it to leave amazing results. I have hazel eyes and this colour brings out the brown in them while Forever Yours brings out the yellow/green in them. 

Lovely Monday is a shimmery chocolate brown shade with extreme pigmentation and blendability but it is not really a shade for me. It does seem like great shade for a smokey look but I have yet to try it out for that. 

Slow Dance is for me a perfect shade for me. It is a matte shade I use in my crease in combination with Forever Yours and Smooth Elegance. It is dark wood brown with a bit of a reddish tone. It is very smooth for a matte shade and super pigmented. 

Timeless Chic is a charcoal colour, but it is quite disappointing since the pigmentation is quite bad. I am not really one to wear black shades though so I do not mind that much. 

Here are some upclose swatches:
 

I honestly love this palette and as I have said before I already have more things I added to my wishlist.  
For the price this palette is amazing, and I think it is a great place to start your collection. 







No comments:

Post a Comment