My MAC Lipstick and Lipliner Collection

Jan 13, 2016

A few days ago I noticed a post on my Instagram feed from a Slovenian beauty blogger called Katja, she posted a picture of her MAC lipstick collection and said she will do a blog post about her lipsticks and the stories behind them (I will post a direct link to her post when she publishes it, but for now there is a direct link to her blog and instagram) . I loved the idea and decided to basically copy it and do my own version of the post.

Here is a picture of all of my lipsticks that I have been accumulating over the past few years.



I decided to divide my lipsticks by their kind and not colour as I knew that if I'd have done it by colour there would be a lot of nudes and a few bright colours. So for the sake of organisation I did it in these categories: Satin, Cremesheen, Matte, Amplified and Frost. 
Firstly here is Satin:  

Myth, Brave, Twig and Faux 
I love the Satin finish the most for my lips since it gives intense colour and it conditions my lips at the same time. And it was also the first kind of lipstick that I got from MAC, so maybe I am a little biased.


The first lipstick that I owned by MAC is called Faux, and as you can see in the picture above it is nearly gone so I don't use it anymore. I guess I am keeping it since it is my first lipstick that was not from Essence. I got it in Vienna probably 6 years ago, so I should be happy I ran out of it a few years ago and I haven't used it in a while.
We were walking down the Mariahilfer Strasse in Vienna and I noticed they had the store in one of the department stores there and I begged my dad to buy me one and he did. I used to love the shade and I think I still would if I had it, because it is just the shade I love.

I got the other three, Twig, Brave and Myth at an airport in Greece and I bought them myself. The Twig shade is definitely my favourite shade of all of them I own, or it is tied with Velvet Teddy.  Brave is a close second but I just prefer Twig since it is kinda brick coloured but not as intense. It is a perfect brownish red colour one me.
I also love the idea of having the perfect nude lipstick and I hoped Myth would be the one but when I wear it on my own I do not like it. I love it though in combination with Velvet Teddy or Brave as a highlight in the middle of my lips when I overdraw my lips to make them look bigger. After I blend it with a darker nude I love the eÏffect.

I also love the Matte version of the lipsticks from MAC. They are not really drying but when my lips are at their worst I cannot stand the Matte kind.
As you can see, I also included a lipstick that does not look like the usual lipstick bullet and that is because the lipstick is from the Pro Longwear line but it gives the matte effect.





Pro Longwear Prolong, Velvet Teddy, Kinda Sexy, Diva



I bought the Prolong, Diva and Kinda Sexy while I was in New York last summer. The trip was one of the best trips I have ever took and while it was exhausting and I missed my boyfriend, I am so thankful I got to go and discover it with my friend.
I got the Longwear shade in Brooklyn, along with a concealer and two lipliners. The makeup artist there applied makeup on my face and recommended products I should use and if I had an unlimited amount of money I would purchase it all but I decided to get three things not knowing that I would later purchase three more things.  The Prolong shade is amazing and I love red lipsticks but in the last few months I have not been into wearing bright lips but more dramatic eye looks and along with that I do not have the courage to wear reds and darker lips at the moment.
And with that I mean the Diva shade too, even though it was my favourite at one time. I guess my confidence has been lacking and I feel like dark colours and reds make me more noticeable.
The Kinda Sexy shade on the other hand is a perfect shade for me now. I apply it every time I feel like going really natural with my makeup and I don't feel like over drawing my lips, since I do not own a lipliner in a similar shade. I also got it in New York but on Manhattan not in Brooklyn, and I must say I preferred the service in the Brooklyn shop more than on Manhattan.
The Velvet Teddy shade is a tied favourite with Twig and I have to say I will repurchase it for the rest of my life. I use t in combination with my Whirl lipliner I also got in New York, to overdraw my lips and then I also use Myth in the middle so it gives the appearance of bigger lips. I bought Velvet Teddy while waiting for my plane to board in Istanbul.

I used to love the Cremesheen line from MAC but now I prefer my lips to have more of a matte or semi matte finish rather than a sheer colour.  

Coral Bliss, Fanfare and Creme Cup


As I have written before I got a lot of MAC products in NYC because the prices were so much better, and here is the last lipstick I got there. I bought the last one in the picture at the JFK airport in NY, again while waiting for the plane. This time around we were stuck at the airport for a long time and I could not resist. The Creme Cup was on my wishlist for a while, ever since I saw it on my friend. I still love it and all, and I will always love it, but I just wish the shade existed in satin finish.
The other two, Coral Bliss and Fanfare my father bought for me in Amsterdam. All the lipsticks my father bought for me have a very special place in my heart because I can imagine him in the MAC store awkwardly asking for help and searching for the right lipstick shades. I adore the Fanfare shade and I wear it often, and I also love the Coral Bliss shade but since it is winter I don't really like wearing shades like that in the colder months. 


This is the only amplified lipstick I own, and I kinda regret buying it but I also don't. I only bought this one because I love Miley Cyrus and the earnings of the sales go to charities. I bought it in Berlin. 

 

As with amplified, frost is also the only frost lipstick I own. I do not really like the finish, but I like the shade. I love wearing it on my off days when I don't feel like wearing much lipstick. I bought it in London, while traveling with my boyfriend.

I also love MAC lipliners.


I got Whirl in NY and as you can see in the picture bellow I love it. As I said before I use it to draw my lips larger and fuller. I use it in combination with Velvet Teddy.
The other one that is nearly finished too is called Burgundy, and I love it in combination with Diva.
I ordered the other two of ebay, and I was scared they won't be the real thing but they are. They are called Nightmoth and Stone. I sometimes like to put stone on the inner corners of my lips when I use Whirl, Myth and Velvet Teddy.















So this concludes my lip collection by MAC, but if you guys would like it I can do it on all of my mac products. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment