Why I am changing my skincare routine

Nov 6, 2015

In the next few months I want to work on my skin.



A few years ago my skin was problematic and it caused me a lot of problems with my self-esteem, so I decided to find out as much as I can about skin and causes for different skin problems. I read a lot of articles and watched videos that were supposed to help, but most of them did nothing but harm my skin. People suggested using a lemon scrub on the face not knowing how harmful that actually is, or using baking soda as a scrub.



But I was naive and the before and after pictures made me believe that it will do wonders for my skin so I followed the advice.
That resulted in my skin being really damaged, I am still combating the scars I got, listening to bad advice. After I saw what damage my attempts were causing, I stopped all of the harmful acts and really simplified my skin. I was using gentle washes and oil free moisturisers, which helped but I was not getting the results I wanted. My skin did clear up but it was not perfect.
Then a few months ago I started using more natural products, and I notices that my skin was getting better when I was using products, like Lush Dark Angels facial wash and the Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner.

And since I ran out of them my skin has been gradually getting worse, plus the weather is changing and I made some other changes in my life that really affected my skin.
I am not saying that my skin is bad, I just have more closed comedones and tiny little bumps that I would not know how to define. They might just be tiny rashes from different skincare products that I have been using, but they really bother me.

Because I got on so well with natural products, I started exploring other options and I ran across what I think is a new online store in my hometown, Ljubljana.
It is called Via Naturalis and it focuses on natural and ecological holy grail products, which is exactly what I am looking for.
Since it is winter and I do have dry and dehydrated skin, I want to focus on hydrating my skin while at the same time getting rid of blemishes, closed comedones and hyper-pigmentation.
The first thing I wanted to add into my skincare routine was a serum because serums usually have higher concentrations of beneficial ingredients thus giving you better results. After some research I decided I wan to buy the Balm Balm 100% Organic Rosehip Serum.





















I also want to invest in a face cleanser, since I am using a Nivea face cleanser that is a bit too drying for me in the winter. I want to try a balm cleanser because they are more moisturising and I have had positive experiences with some other balms I have tried before. I found the Balm Balm Frankincense Deep Cleansing Balm, that is supposed to cleanse your skin and at the same time firm it.








I read great reviews on the two products, so I am sure I will be buying these two, and I am looking into some other natural products. I will also buy the Dark Angels cleanser again because I got on well with it, and it is also an exfoliator that works great for my skin and also for my boyfriends really sensitive skin.
I really want to work on the softness of my lips since my lips get really chapped all year round, but especially in winter and I read that Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm is really good.







  I also read that the Balm Balm Rose Geranium Lip Balm is amazing, so I might buy that too. 

Lastly, I am posting two pictures of my bare face to show you my skin. I am still very self conscious about my skin, and I look ridiculous in these pictures but I wanted to share what my skin looks like.   





No comments:

Post a Comment