MAC Haul

Nov 3, 2015



In the past month I have traveled a bit, I visited a city that is a few hours away from my hometown, and they had a MAC store. The city I went to is called Zagreb and it is in Croatia.
The MAC store there was quite big and they had a lot of different things on display but the did not have any of the lipsticks I originally wanted.
They did not have any dark red or burgundy reds, like the diva antics amplified lipstick. And I was quite disappointed with that, but I still decided to buy some other products. 


 





































I bought four products, two lipsticks, a lipglass and a blush. 

I bought a shade called Twig, the one that is in the top of the picture, it is a satin lipstick, my favourite type. The shade is described as a soft muted brownish-pink.  I do not really see any pink in Twig, I would describe it more reddish brown, but to be honest I am not good with describing colours. I do think though, the while it looks pink in the lipstick tube, it looks more red than pink on the lips or when it is swatched.



Twig lipstick swatch

The next one I bought, I was not sure about at first but when I applied it to my lips it looked amazing. It is called Brave, and it is also a satin finish. I love the satin finish, because it applies amazingly and then it becomes matte.
The Brave shade is described as a pink beige with white pearl, and although I am not sure what it is supposed to mean it seems to describe Brave greatly.
I swatched it on my hand, and it is the middle one of the swatches.  


 



I needed something dark red, because I simply love how it looks on my pale skin, but they had nothing that I wanted, well at least not in lipstick form. 
And to be honest I am not pleased with what I bought, well not really.
I bought a lipglass and it is excessively sticky and too glossy for me. But it is the right shade and bought it on a whim. I tried it later that day and I was really disappointed with the application and the colour pay off.
The shade I bought is called Sin and it is from the MAC x Toledo collection. It is described as a deep blood red, which is true but I do think it is more dark purple red.
The swatch is the last one in the picture above.




The last thing I got was a blush, in the shade Breath of Plum. It is described as a light plum colour and I would agree with it.
It is my favourite blush I own and I think it is perfect for fall.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment