Sunday Night Pamper Routine

Oct 19, 2015


Today I am going to show you how I pamper myself from time to time, when I have the time or when life gets too hectic and I just need or want it. This month I have been overdue one since my uni started again, in October, so I have been feeling extra stressed.






I usually start my pamper routine with make up removal routine but since it was Sunday I was not wearing any make up. But my routine still started with facial cleanse.

I used the Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser that I got in the October Beauty Box by Lookfantastic



I have been testing it out and the two times I have used it so far, I have loved it. My skin is really soft after I use it, when I woke up today I could not believe the great results I got just by using it once.
I love exfoliators and have tested a few but none of them are as good as this one.
Exfoliation is important because it improves the texture and appearance of skin which basically means it removes dead skin cells, it reduces breakouts and helps with PIH and reducing skin ageing.
The main concern for me at the moment, has been post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation and making my skin look as young as I can, which I am trying to achieve by using chemical exfoliants. The Murad exfoliating cleanser is a once a week cleanser that contains three main exfoliating acids : Lactic acid which worked great for me in the past, glycolic acid and salicylic acid. I will do a more in depth post about different acids and products I recommend when I actually test more of them.






After washing my face, I applied a mask all over my face and the mask I used was the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal mask. I used it after exfoliating my face because to me it seems normal to firstly get rid of the dead skin and then to use the mask, so that the ingredients in the mask can penetrate.
The mask does not seem to do anything special for my skin, but that might be because I have not been breaking out as much, so there isn't much that the mask can do, but they claim, on the Origins website, that the ingredients act like magnets and lift the impurities out of the skin.










While the mask was on my face I prepared myself for the shower. I combed through my hair because I knew I was going to wash it and I dug out my Rub Rub Rub body scrub by Lush. 

I absolutely love this scrub. I use it on my body and in my hair but for this pamper night I only used it on my body. The way I use this is, I get in the shower and before turning on the water, I rub it all over my body, especially paying attention to my legs and my torso because my skin gets extra dry in that particular area and I do it in circular motions.
Then when I am done scrubbing I wash it off with water and the thing I love about this scrub is that it lathers up, when it comes in contact with water and makes you skin smell great and feel even softer.  
The smell is lovely and it leaves me smelling like it for the entire day.





As I have mentioned before, I also washed my hair while I was in the shower but not before washing off the mask I had on. After rinsing off the mask, I did a double wash of my hair with the Kebelo Clarifying Shampoo. I love this shampoo.
This is my first clarifying product, although I have had my scalp and hair exfoliated before and I loved it, so I cannot really compare this product to others but you can really tell the difference after using this shampoo.
Now I was never into cleansing my hair before nor did I know much about it, but I would always complain that my hair felt heavy and had no volume and that it would grease up easily and since I have had my scalp exfoliated and since I have started using the Kebelo shampoo I have really noticed the difference. My hair is no longer feeling heavy and I have volume.










After getting out of the shower I applied another mask, REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask. It is a skin brightening mask, and I have to say that I really see the difference after using it. This mask also contains chemical exfoliants, lactic and glycolic acid which again help with lifting the dead skin and thus making the skin brighter and reducing PIH and sun damage.











Then, lastly I use NUXE Huile Prodigieuse - a Multi usage dry oil that can be used on the face, body or hair. I only use it on my face because I have other NUXE products for my hair and body, and I want to save this one for my face. I apply it to my fingers and then I massage my face in circular motions. I massage my face for a few minutes, to get my blood flowing so that my skin remains youthful and healthy.
My skin can get quite oily but this does not make it shiny it just makes it nourished and healthier. The oil does not break me out and the smell is incredible.


And then I had a relaxing night in bed, on which I sprayed the Deep Sleep Pillow Spray by This Works.
Have a nice Monday :))


No comments:

Post a Comment