June Empties | Makeup

Jul 8, 2016

Hey guys,

I have been away on holiday, at our weekend house at the seaside with my friends having a great time and I was not bothered with posting, because honestly I don't think I would put much effort in it. But I am back now with a new post, a quick one. 
It has been a busy month for me, a month of great plans for the future including plans for my blog. One of those plans is to post five times a week, starting with the week I come back from Italy.

I decided to divide my empties in categories, because I prefer to post short but more in depth posts rather than posting a long post, full of pictures and with too much content to read it all.

  • Catrice Brow Definer
  • Illamasqua Skin Base foundation 
  • Freedom eyeliner
  • Lavera liquid liner
  • H&M Concealer 
  • Estee Lauder liquid liner
  • YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils mascara
  • MONU Illuminating primer
  • MAC Matchmaster foundation 
  • Essence Lash Princess mascara
  • Catrice green liner
  • Catrice concealer 

I am going to start with my favourite items from this lot, a concealer and the face primer. 

Monu Illuminating primer is probably the best primer I have ever tried. This primer has a different consistency to all of the other primers I have tried, it is quite thick and really creamy, but I can work it in my skin without a problem, it goes on like a dream. It is a thick white cream with a slight shimmer to it, but it is not really noticeable after you put on foundation. It has SPF 15, which is nothing compared to my SPF 50 sunscreen that comes before I put on anything else. 
Would I repurchase it: Maybe, but I have a lot of primers at the moment and I cannot justify paying almost 40€ (link here) right now. 

H&M Cover Up Concealer: I really love this concealer. It is creamy and they have a nice shade range for pale skin, so I can use it as a brightener. The only downside is that I did not see a wide variety of shades for darker skin, in fact, as far as I know there are no darker shades. It could just be that our H&M does not offer them but I am not sure. Putting that aside, it is really creamy, blendable, hydrating and has high coverage. (link here)
Would I repurchase it: Yes, I already bought a few of them over the past few months and I will fore sure be buying many more. 

But there are also two things I actually did not like in this picture, Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid liner and YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils mascara.
Estee Lauder Double Wear zero smudge liquid liner was a real disappointment for me. It went on too dry and it peeled off too soon. For the price I expected more, it costs almost 30€ which is a lot for something that did not work for me at all. (link here)
Would I repurchase it: No no no. 

YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils mascara is another big disappointment. Do not be fooled by the fact that I have two of them, I bought a two pack at the airport and I regretted it ever since. It is too wet and it gets clumpy, even after I left it for a while to dry out. And it gets clumpy no matter how I apply it, I always apply just one coat and even if I brush them the results are the same.  (link here
Would I repurchase it: Not a chance.


I am going to talk about three items in this picture, Catrice Brow Definer, Illamasqua Skin Base foundation and Freedom liquid eyeliner. And I hate them all!
Illamasqua Skin Base foundation is a terrible foundation. It did not cover anything and it was really hard to blend. I got it because it was pale enough for me in the winter, but it was a complete waste of money because I had to mix it with other foundations. On its own it looks patchy and it was too dry for my skin. (link here)
Would I repurchase it: Nope

Catrice Longlasting Brow Definer is basically a liquid eyeliner for your brows which sounds great for filling in your brows but it is actually not that great. For me it looked too fake and I much prefer my ABH Brow Pommade over this product even thoug the price s much higher. It also smudged a lot for me so it was a definite no. 
Would I repurchase it: I don't think so, maybe sometime in the future to try it out again, because it is really affordable.



Freedom Liquid liner is probably my least favourite of them all. It has a terrible applicator and it peels of too soon. I am not going to spend more time on complaining about it, just stay away from it. 
Would I repurchase it: What do you think?


Essence Lash Princess I like this mascara but it is nothing special, it does not thicken but lengthens for me, even though it is supposed to be voluminous mascara. It is ok for the price, it does not flake nor does it irritate my eyes so thats a plus for me. (link here)
Would I repurchase it: I guess if when I run out of my Benefit Roller Lash and I don't have enough money, I might buy this one. 

Lavera Liquid liner: No, no no. I take back what I said about the Freedom liner, this one is worse. (link here)

Would I repurchase it: No!

Catrice Waterproof Eyeliner: I actually did not get to try this out too much, because the actual part of the liner fell out after a few uses. The formula is great and the colour is too, I just wish it would have not fallen out so I would get to play with it more.
Would I repurchase it: Yes, and I probably will soon.

Catrice Liquid Camouflage concealer: I love it almost as much as I love the H&M concealer, but I use this one to cover blemishes instead of highlighting since it does not come in a colour thats pale enough. I am not sure about the cover range, I only say 3 different shades in our shop but there might be more. (Link here)
Would I repurchase it: Yes, and I will.

MAC Matchmaster foundation: I don't think I like this foundation. The shade was ok, but it was a bit cakey and hard to blend even with a beauty blender, which usually disperses foundation really nicely. For the price I just expected more, I guess. I prefer Mac Face and Body over this, but admittedly these two do completely different things. (link here)

There we have it, the end of this post. I hope you guys liked it, it was a bit more negative than usual, but I just wanted to be honest. I hate spending money on stuff that does not work, especially products like foundation, because they cost a lot. 
Tell me about products you have tried and they have not worked out for you


3 comments:

  1. Oh..I love this review, amazing products,photos and I was little suprised how many high end makeup disapointed you, but it's ok because they are expensive, doesn't mean they are so good. Whit love, monika from Sugarlive blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have been too strict with them, but I paid a lot of money for them and I was looking for more. I was recently disappointed by a Marc Jacobs product and I am so mad, because I paid so much money for a blush.
      Thank you for the lovely compliments <3

      Delete
  2. Oh..I love this review, amazing products,photos and I was little suprised how many high end makeup disapointed you, but it's ok because they are expensive, doesn't mean they are so good. Whit love, monika from Sugarlive blog

    ReplyDelete