NARS Sheer Glow Review

Mar 8, 2017

I actually meant to post something else entirely today, but since I am in a mood today that post was turning out too negative and I didn't feel like putting that out into the world. It was supposed to be an update post, something I have done twice now, just to keep myself in check with my goals but I turned it all into a negative tirade about me and my failures. 
So I decided to do something more positive, to rave about one of my favourite foundations.  



Today I am going to be talking about NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Mont Blanc. Finding the right foundation has not been super easy for me since my skin seems to change a lot, it is either dry or it can get greasy. I also have texture all over my skin, just like most people do and I don't want a foundation that emphasises that.
When I first tried this foundation out I did not love it, maybe my skincare was just super inappropriate for what my skin needed and it showed up way too much on my skin. Now I have been trying to really take care of my skin and this foundation looks great.
It is described as satin-finish with sheer to buildable coverage, which I guess is true but also not really. I would not call it sheer at all, it actually covers really nicely. It does not build up to high coverage though, which is great if you have a heavy hand with foundations, which I definitely do.

I can wear this foundation for quite a long time, which for me is true with most foundations since I don't get shiny a lot and I don't sweat much. I get about 8 hours of wear with it, probably more but I don't usually wear foundation for longer than that. But when I do, it looks fine. Not perfect obviously, but it still looks great enough for me and that is without any special primers and I don't tend to use much powder on my skin either.
The finish is not matte but I also don't feel glowy when I wear it, actually more matte than anything. It is a very soft glow, but when I read other reviews people spoke of something really glowy which was what I expected.

The one thing I dislike is that it does not have a pump, you just kinda have to spill out the foundation from the bottle. You can buy a pump, but I did not so that, though I will when I buy NARS Sheer Glow next. I would recommend using pump to preserve the product too, there is a lot of spillage with this kind of an applicator.
I bought the shade Mont Blanc, which is a bit to dark for me and I think it isn't the right undertone for me, I will be buying another shade when I do it next.


All in all, I love the foundation. I reach for it often, I would say it is probably my second most worn foundation. I do wish it was more glowy and that I would find the right shade. I am sure the next shade I pick up will be better since they have a nice shade range.
It costs 43€ on their official site, which is a normal price for a higher end foundation. It does last a long time though so there is at least that.

The top swatch is just the foundation applied roughly to my hand and the one bellow it is blended into my skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment